Most parents try to curb their kids’ sugar intake only to have their efforts wasted during Halloween. The season of trick-or-treat is coming, so what should parents do? Steer away from added sugar such as high fructose corn syrup, cane sugar and palm sugar and emphasize fruits and milk that contain natural sugar.
Here is a list of healthy, delicious and sugar-free treats that you can make for your children this Halloween night.
1. Wash and peel watermelon using a fruit peeler.
2. Using a thin, sharp knife, cut a small size at the bottom so it can sit stable.
3. Make a straight cut at the middle and make thin carvings similar to the image.
Sugar-free Pumpkin Cookies
Recipe adapted from https://wholenewmom.com/recipes/pumpkin-recipes-pumpkin-cookies-vegan-cookies-gluten-free-cookies/
Recipe adapted from https://www.feastingonfruit.com/4-ingredient-caramel-apples-sugar-free-raw-vegan/
3. Using the stick inserted on the apples, dip the apples into the caramel mixture and roll them in the mulberries.
4. Immediately refrigerate to firm caramel.
Fruity Witches Brew Pudding
Recipe from https://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2012/10/witches-brew-breakfast-pudding/
Skinny Pumpkin Spice LatteRecipe adapted from https://www.bakingbeauty.net/sugar-free-pumpkin-spice-latte-recipe/
Mint Kids Dentistry