Here is a list of healthy, delicious and sugar-free treats that you can make for your children this Halloween night.
1. Wash and peel watermelon using a fruit peeler.
2. Using a thin, sharp knife, cut a small size at the bottom so it can sit stable.
3. Make a straight cut at the middle and make thin carvings similar to the image.
Recipe adapted from https://wholenewmom.com/recipes/pumpkin-recipes-pumpkin-cookies-vegan-cookies-gluten-free-cookies/
- 1 cup pumpkin, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1 Tbsp orange extract
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour (You can use almond flour or oat flour)
- 3-4 scoops stevia extract (each scoop is 1/32 tsp)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375. Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Add flour, baking soda and the seasonings until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop the cookie dough using a 2-tbsp. muffin scoop.
- Place the cookie dough on a baking sheet and back for 8 to 10 minutes or until it turns slightly brown.
Recipe adapted from https://www.feastingonfruit.com/4-ingredient-caramel-apples-sugar-free-raw-vegan/
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup dried white mulberries
- 3 sticks
- 1 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup water
- Process the mulberries until it is broken into crumbly textures.
3. Using the stick inserted on the apples, dip the apples into the caramel mixture and roll them in the mulberries.
4. Immediately refrigerate to firm caramel.
Recipe from https://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2012/10/witches-brew-breakfast-pudding/
- 1 tbsp ground pepita seeds
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 over-ripe banana
- Some fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Lemon juice (from one lemon)
- some green grapes
- Combine ground flax and pepita seeds and set aside.
- Place the serving glasses and dab some honey on the edges of the glasses.
- Flip the glasses over into the ground pepita and flax.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients except for grapes into the food processor until smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into the serving glasses and place the grapes.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin
- 3 to 4 packets Stevia
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup strongly brewed coffee, hot
- cinnamon sticks (if desired)
- Heat milk, pumpkin, and stevia over medium heat in a small sauce pan. Do NOT boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir in pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and brewed coffee.
- Divide into 2 mugs.
- Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice and a cinnamon stick on top if desired.