In General, The AAPD (American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry) commendations to help pediatric dentists to make decisions regarding restorative dentistry, including when it is necessary to treat with the appropriate restorative materials and techniques are for dentistry in children and adolescents.
Primary teeth risks are more susceptible to restoration failures than later or permanent teeth whereas one needs to consider the length of time left prior to tooth extraction and before primary teeth restoration.
The benefits of Restorative Dentistry include:
- removing cavitation or defects to remove areas that are prone to caries
- stopping the development of tooth demineralization
- restoring the uprightness of tooth structure
- spreading of infection prevention into the dental pulp
- shifting of teeth prevention due to loss of tooth structure
The risks of Restorative Dentistry include:
- longevity of teeth assurance is less
- teeth are more susceptible to fracture
- recurrent lesions
- restoration failure
- pulp experience during caries excavation
- future pulpal complications
- iatrogenic damage to adjacent teeth
Now, you must be thinking about the main factors which affects choosing restorative materials???...
Do not worry Mint Kids Dentistry is always here to serve you for knowledge and kids restorative therapy.
Let’s see plethora of factors affect choosing restorative.
Main factors affect choosing restorative materials
- Patient Age
- Carries Risk
- Child Cooperation
- Material Types
- Tooth Type
Again, you might have a question “What can be easy for your child to handle?” ….. Nice we are on the same pitch. Usually, child can handle,
Rubber Dam isolation
Length of attention span
In the next blog, you will find the types of Restorative Materials used in Pediatric Dentistry.
Restorative and Cosmetic Dentistry is “Teeth Prevention” to restore the health of teeth. It also includes the repair or replacement of damaged or defective teeth. The treatment is done while your child is awake and sometimes local anesthetic is given to him/her so that child respond to treatment very well.
It is not long procedure. Restorative and Cosmetic treatment hardly takes 40 to 45 minutes. All depends on child cooperation sometimes sedation is also required due to unusual child behaviour.
Mint Kids Dentistry