Coronavirus disease is also known as COVID-19. It is an epidemic disease caused by a newly discovered virus. The COVID-19 name was given by The World Health Organization (WHO).
– CO stands for corona
– VI stands for virus
– D means disease
– The 19 is for 2019, the year the disease first became visible in China.
This disease was originally called novel coronavirus. Most people infected with COVID-19, experience mild respiratory illness and recover with some special treatments and it is very dangerous for aged people across the World.
Older people, those who have medical problems like diabetes and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness. At present, vaccines or treatments of coronavirus are not available. Clinical trials are in progress for the coronavirus vaccine.
The best way to prevent and slow down the infection of COVID-19 is be well informed about the cause and how it spreads. The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends the following preventive actions.
• Wash your hands frequently – Wash your hands with water and soap or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer to kill the viruses. Wash your hand for 20 second and don’t forget to wash your wrists.
• Maintain social distancing – Maintain at least 2-3 Meter space between yourself and anyone who is sneezing or coughing. If you are too close to anyone then you can inhale the COVID-19 virus particle because while sneezing or coughing people spray small liquid droplets that may contain COVID-19 virus.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth – Hands touch many surfaces in a day and can pick up viruses. From there, the virus can enter your body by touching your mouth, eyes and nose.
• Practice respiratory hygiene – Cover your mouth and nose with tissue or bent elbow while sneezing or cough, to protect the people around you from the viruses.
• In fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care – If you feel unwell then stay home and seek medical attention as soon as possible.
No doubt there are only 0.2% cases of the coronavirus reported in children across the World. This disease is transmitted from infected people to around them. During this novel coronavirus pandemic, dentists should be more careful with their dental procedures, especially pediatric dentists.
As to your practice of pediatric dentistry, all your dentists and staff members follow the set standard precautions guidelines by the government and let your patients know about precautions. Help kids and their parents to be aware about the precaution’s routine.
Why to stay more proactive, informed and calm during a coronavirus pandemic?
Dental care is important but these days along with dental care, personal hygiene is also needed to consider. During practice, you must be more cautious about dentistry tools, gloves, sanitizers and masks. Most of the dental clinics are closed due to World emergency and lockdown. In case, any dental emergencies then patients can call their doctors for consultation.
If you are in Bellevue, WA and looking for dental consultation for your kids then you can call Dr. Soo Jun for pediatric dentistry. She will be available on calls and email as Governor Inslee has mandated to close all dental offices except for emergency patient care until 5/18/2020. You can officially email her at Mint Kids Dentistry email address, firstname.lastname@example.org.